Sunday, September 30, 2007

Indian Summer Scents

Here in New York, summer and fall are playing a bit of a cat-and-mouse game. One day it's hot, the next it's cool. I can't figure out what clothes to wear! However, one nice effect is that it's giving me a few more days to indulge in my summer scents before packing them away for fall. I like fresh, citrussy scents layered with fruit, incense or marine notes. Here are my top summer scents of 2007:

Yuzu Rouge by Parfums 06130 - The citrusy top notes of grapefruit, Japanese Yuzu fruit and verbena make this perfectly refreshing on a hot summery day. The cassis and cardamom anchor it so the scent lasts longer and and has an alluring depth.

Un Jardin Sur Le Nil by Hermes - My aunt gave this to me, as it is her favorite summer scent. It quickly became one of mine, too! This is a very green, watery scent, inspired by the island-gardens on the Nile river. Notes include green mango, lotus flowers, aromatic rushes, incense and sycamore wood.
Note: I'm wondering if this is discontinued, since it's not on the USA Hermes website, nor on Sephora.com (and I recently saw it in a Sephora store). If anyone has info, please share!

Island Michael Kors - I probably got this 3 summers ago, and I still like it. It's a headier summer scent, better reserved for evening than during the hottest part of the day. There's something about it that does remind me of walking on a beach without shoes, where the breeze is refreshing and there are tropical fruits awaiting you under the shade of a palm tree. I've yet to try its sister scent, Island Michael Kors Hawaii, exclusive to Sephora. The clementine and orange notes in it do sound yummy.

Eau D'Italie - I got a travel set of fragrance, hair wash, hair balm, soap, shower gel and body milk at Lafco NY a year ago. I used it on a trip to Spain, and now anytime I smell the bright citrus scent, it takes me back to sunny days and ocean breezes. The notes are bergamot, incense, and blackcurrant buds. It's perfectly unisex, so you can share!


Eau D'Hadrien by Annick Goutal - My great-aunt took me to Paris when I was 16 years old; it was my first trip aboard. She always wore a sparkling citrus splash, and if this isn't it, it's as close as I can get. Eau d'Hadrien is a fresh, citrus fragrance in which a zesty touch of lemons from Sicily and grapefruits ripened under the Italian sun blend with the subtle notes of citron and cypress.

Fresh Cucumber Baie - Oh, sadness! This is no longer on the Fresh website. Luckily, you can find it here. This is a summer day in a bottle: drink in the fruity watermelon, grapefruit, and berry musk, balanced over fresh marine notes and cucumber pulp. It's fresh (no pun intended), not sticky sweet.

Tell us your top summer picks in the comments.

7 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Divina said...

No, Un Jardin Sur Le Nil has not been discontinued. It is also there on the Hermes US site. You can find it in the fragrance section under "Men & Women". Hope this helps!

 
At 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At today's Sniffapalooza event at Takashimaya, I discovered Miller et Bertaux's Green,Green,Green and Green (!). Since it's still hot in NYC, I thought this would be a lovely scent to spray all over. Definitely a beautiful summer scent.

 
At 5:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Beauty Chick said...

Hi all! Thanks for the great post-related comments. I'm getting a bit annoyed by those who hijack comments for their own agendas, so I've started deleting them. That way we can focus on the topic at hand - discussing beauty! :)

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

true religion jeans, nike air max pas cher, coach outlet, ray ban uk, true religion outlet, timberland pas cher, nike blazer pas cher, nike tn pas cher, sac guess pas cher, michael kors, michael kors, coach outlet store online, north face pas cher, longchamp soldes, vans pas cher, louboutin pas cher, hollister uk, lululemon outlet, true religion outlet, true religion outlet, hermes pas cher, michael kors outlet online, kate spade outlet, michael kors uk, hogan sito ufficiale, nike roshe run pas cher, north face uk, converse, abercrombie and fitch, coach outlet, longchamp pas cher, coach purses, polo lacoste pas cher, vanessa bruno pas cher, nike air max, kate spade, lunette ray ban pas cher, lunette oakley pas cher, chanel handbags, nike air force, burberry pas cher, jordan pas cher, new balance, nike free pas cher, ralph lauren pas cher

 

Post a Comment

<< Home