Saturday, March 15, 2008

Basq-ing in the Glow


Continuing the pregnancy product reviews, I now turn my attention to Basq, a NYC-based company that generously offered me their Bounce Back Aromacology Spa Kit to try out a variety of their products. It contains several products to help you look and feel your best while pregnant, recovering from pregnancy or looking to get your body back into tip-top condition.

My favorite product of the kit was the Resilient Body Oil. It is a fast absorbing blend of essential oils that works with the body's natural toning process helping improve elasticty and prevent the appearance of stretch marks. The blend contains Hazelnut, Rosehip, Grapeseed, Wheatgerm and Sweet Almond oils plus Vitamin E, all known to help tone and regenerate the skin. I used it frequently over my belly and hips and I love the scent. It reminds me of roses, without being too "grandma", if you know what I mean.

I also loved the Soothing Foot and Leg lotion. It is light and absorbs quickly (no more slipping around in your shoes) and has a cooling tingly effect that perks up tired toesies. Perfect for foot massages! I could also imagine this being tops for refreshing tired legs after travel.

The Cucumber Tea Eye gel is also very light and refreshing. The gel is water-based and refreshing, not heavy. It won't be replacing a thicker, more hydrating eye cream, but I'll definitely be using this to help camouflage the tired eyes from newborn-induced sleep deprivation!

Lastly, I got to try the Citrus Sugar Body polish. It's a nice texture: too many sugar scrubs are hard to scoop out of the jar and leave an oily film on the skin. This one has a soft, uniform texture and scrubs gently. It contains good-for-you antioxidants, vitamins plus Rosehip, Grapeseed, and Hazelnut Oils, White Tea and a whipped Shea Butter complex to replenish skin. The Orange Neroli scent is nice if you like orange blossom type scents, and reminded me of Jo Malone's Orange Blossom. It's not my personal favorite, but the scent doesn't linger too long on the skin, so I still enjoy using this on my legs to get them summertime-smooth!

The gift sets are a great way to sample these products or send good wishes along to an expecting friend!