Seven Layer Dip
My husband's friend facetiously refers to his wife's skincare regimen as the nightly application of her "Seven Layer Dip". Now, anyone who has tried the Mexican-inspired appetizer by the same name realizes this is not exactly complimentary!
But tonight as I applied product after product to my face, I began to take note of what my own seven layers of skincare are. You can surely tell I'm not exactly a loyalist (this blog would be quite boring if I were); I love to check out new products and therefore rarely use the same combination of things twice. But here is tonight's "dip" - and I hope you'll share yours!
- Lancome BiFacil Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover to remove mascara and eyeshadow
- Body Shop Vitamin C Cleansing Face Polish to get squeaky clean
- L'Oreal Paris ReFinish Micro-Dermabrasion Cream
- Sovage Idebenol "facial anti-oxidant" moisturizer
- Bliss Wrinkle Twinkle around the eye area
- Philosophy Hope in a Bottle, spot applied on blemishes
Needless to say, I don't use seven products every night! In fact, I'm usually lucky if I do more than cleanse and moisturize. But it's fun to experiment. I know: many experts would say that you have to stick to a regimen to allow the product to demonstrate real results. But to me, that's like asking, "How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?" Nobody knows, because you can't resist biting. And I can't resist the next new beauty product.
My next purchase? A rich night cream for use in the dry winter air. What's yours?