Sunday, September 10, 2006

Note To Self (Hair Powder Misadventures)

Note to self: Avoid beauty product experimentation one hour before any major event.
I went to a wedding on Saturday night and, of course, wanted to look nice. I had gotten highlights and a trim the night before and wanted to maintain the blow-out for the event. Since I usually can't go 24 hours without washing my hair, I didn't want to arrive at the party looking greasy. I remembered that I'd just read about Bumble & bumble's new aerosol Hair Powder in Allure magazine. It is supposed to add body and absorb excess hair oil. Sounded perfect. I popped into a store, picked up a mini-can in the "blondish" shade (at $19!!) and thought I was good to go.

Fast forward two flights, and I'm arriving at my hotel in Martha's Vineyard an hour before the barefoot-on-the-beach ceremony is to begin. Just enough time to change, freshen and walk over. I whip out the Hair Powder, shake, hold 10 inches from my scalp, and spray onto hair. This might have been fine if I had SHIELDED MY FACE. When I looked in the mirror, I looked like I'd been dragged through the desert - and every nascent wrinkle was emphasized in the dirty debris because I'd been squinting against the blast.

Though I could have washed my face and reapplied my makeup, I decided to take a shower, wash my hair and blow it out again. I had fears of the sky opening up and beigey rivulets of hair powder water running down my face and onto my dress. Of course, this do-over made me almost late to the ceremony! Moral of the story: don't try a new and tricky-to-apply beauty product moments before a big event. It could backfire in your face.

All of that said, I'm still going to give the Hair Powder another try. In the privacy of my own home, with nowhere to go and nobody to see! For additional testimonials and tips on how to use it, see the great review and comments at Jolie in NYC.

7 Comments:

At 3:04 PM, Blogger Real Girl said...

Oh you lucky thing. Weddings at the Vineyard are the BEST. Did you know it's the 2nd most popular place to get married in the country, after Vegas? Well, at least according to the B&B owner in Oak Bluffs when *I* went to a wedding there!

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Beauty Chick said...

I didn't know that, but I can guess why! It's so beautiful there. Despite my primping snafu, the weather and wedding were absolutely gorgeous - and the whole event had the carefree style of my friend and her husband, who grew up on the Vineyard. (In Oak Bluffs, actually!)

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger ninest123 Ninest said...

ninest123 09.08
ralph lauren polo, uggs on sale, nike air max, longchamp outlet, michael kors, uggs outlet, longchamp outlet, christian louboutin, burberry factory outlet, prada handbags, louis vuitton outlet, uggs on sale, ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton outlet, michael kors handbags, christian louboutin, prada outlet, nike outlet, ray ban sunglasses, uggs on sale, gucci handbags, louis vuitton, nike air max, michael kors outlet online, oakley sunglasses, nike free, louis vuitton handbags, burberry outlet, louis vuitton outlet online, tiffany jewelry, michael kors outlet online, louboutin shoes, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin uk, oakley sunglasses, cheap jordans, replica watches, michael kors outlet, tory burch outlet, longchamp bags, michael kors outlet store, tiffany jewelry, oakley sunglasses, uggs outlet, replica watches

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger ninest123 Ninest said...

true religion jeans, nike air max pas cher, coach outlet, ray ban uk, true religion outlet, timberland pas cher, nike blazer pas cher, nike tn pas cher, sac guess pas cher, michael kors, michael kors, coach outlet store online, north face pas cher, longchamp soldes, vans pas cher, louboutin pas cher, hollister uk, lululemon outlet, true religion outlet, true religion outlet, hermes pas cher, michael kors outlet online, kate spade outlet, michael kors uk, hogan sito ufficiale, nike roshe run pas cher, north face uk, converse, abercrombie and fitch, coach outlet, longchamp pas cher, coach purses, polo lacoste pas cher, vanessa bruno pas cher, nike air max, kate spade, lunette ray ban pas cher, lunette oakley pas cher, chanel handbags, nike air force, burberry pas cher, jordan pas cher, new balance, nike free pas cher, ralph lauren pas cher

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger ninest123 Ninest said...

bottega veneta, abercrombie, asics running shoes, nike roshe run, nike free, nike trainers uk, hollister clothing, polo ralph lauren uk, salvatore ferragamo, nike roshe uk, instyler ionic styler, longchamp uk, valentino shoes, beats by dre, reebok outlet, nfl jerseys, new balance shoes, abercrombie and fitch, wedding dresses, north face outlet, lululemon outlet, hermes handbags, babyliss pro, nike air max, chi flat iron, jimmy choo outlet, soccer jerseys, soccer shoes, softball bats, mont blanc, p90x workout, celine handbags, giuseppe zanotti, ghd hair, mcm handbags, nike air huarache, mulberry uk, herve leger, mac cosmetics, abercrombie and fitch UK, nike air max uk, nike air max uk, vans outlet, north face outlet, insanity workout

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Zheng junxai5 said...

zhengjx20160604
oakley outlet
nike outlet
louis vuitton outlet
cheap jerseys
gucci outlet online
fitflop shoes
tods outlet store
louis vuitton outlet
michael kors outlet
oakley outlet
louis vuitton bags
timberland outlet
ralph lauren sale
tory burch shoes
coach outlet clearance
ralph lauren home
instyler
ray bans
michael kors outlet clearance
tiffany and co
michael kors handbags
nike sb janoski
ray bans
adidas factory outlet
celine handbags
michael kors outlet online sale
louboutin shoes
coach factory outlet
louboutin shoes
coach outlet
coach outlet online
cheap air jordans
oakley sunglasses
nike store uk
ray bans
celine bags
ray ban sunglasses outlet
cheap louis vuitton handbags
ray bans
nfl jerseys

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger معاذ الاسكندرانى said...


الاول خدماتها تغطى جميع انحاء المملكة فهى افضل شركات التنظيف بجدة ومكة والرياض وينبع والاحساء والدمام نتميز باننا نوفر افضل العماله المدربة الماهرة نقدم تنظيف منازل وخزانات وبيوت وفلل وشقق ومجالس وسجاد وموكيت
شركة تنظيف خزانات بجدة
شركة تنظيف منازل بالدمام
شركة نقل اثاث بينبع
شركة تنظيف خزانات بينبع
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام
تنظيف كنب بالرياض
شركة تنظيف بمكة
شركة تنظيف بالقطيف
شركة تنظيف بالاحساء
شركة نقل اثاث بجدة
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالقطيف
شركة غسيل خزانات بالرياض
افضل شركات نقل االعفش بالمدينة المنورة

 

Post a Comment

<< Home