Sunday, February 04, 2007

Moisturizing and Quality of Life

I realized this week how much moisturizing your skin can really improve your life. It may sound silly, but being comfortable in your own skin – figuratively and literally - is at the root of happiness. When your skin is hydrated and doesn’t feel tight and itchy or look dry and scaly, you feel comfortable and that you look your best.

This weekend, I rediscovered the joy of comfortable skin when I put on Avon’s Skin So Soft Whipped Body Oil after my shower two days in a row. This is creamy and deeply hydrating, but absorbs quickly and doesn’t leave skin feeling oily.





Unfortunately, during the week, I don’t usually have time to moisturize my skin before rushing out to work. (Occasionally, I don’t even leave enough time to do my makeup and do it on the train!) But now I’m going to make sure I leave two minutes for the following quick-moisture options.

The first option is a dry spray oil. You can spray it on shower-damp skin, rub it in and then towel off. Try Shea Terra's Shea & Vitamin E Body Spray, which is 100% natural and made with shea oil, fruit extracts, essential oils and a whopping 5% natural vitamin E in every bottle.




Secondly, when you’re really on the go, try Spa Towells. Each towelette comes in an individual pouch and contains a rich blend of natural oils with outstanding conditioning properties, powerful antioxidants that can help reduce free radical damage and humectants that aid in preserving skin’s moisture. The formula smells lovely and absorbs quickly. One 8”x8” towellette is big enough to hydrate your whole body and can be tucked into a gym bag or your carry-on.... That's right - they’re air-travel friendly!


Let’s remember what’s responsible for my uncomfortable skin - dry winter air, high heat and too-long hot showers! Since I’m not willing to lower the thermostat or take shorter showers, my other weekend fix involved hooking up my humidifier. My skin and sinuses already feel better. Bed, Bath and Beyond has several nice ones at a variety of price points.
Here’s to feeling more comfortable in your skin!

6 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, Blogger The App Goddess said...

I'm obsessed with moisturizer lately! Chicago winters are awful, great post:)

 
At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love my humidifier! It's made a big difference for my dry skin (and sinuses) too. Thanks for a great post!

 
At 1:15 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Skin So Soft is absolutely classic. I remember leafing through my mum's Avon catalogues when I was a kid and it was in there then! (The early 80s).

 
At 4:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

zhengjx20160604
louis vuitton handbags
supra for sale
louis vuitton outlet
michael kors handbags
michael kors outlet online
toms shoes outlet online
burberry outlet online
kobe 8
coach outlet
nike store outlet
nike air max uk
louis vuitton outlet
pandora charms
toms outlet
michael kors outlet
designer handbags
coach outlet online
louis vuitton
louis vuitton handbags
oakley outlet
michael kors canada outlet
coach factory outlet online
louis vuitton bags
air jordan femme
celine bags
louis vuitton purses
cheap rolex watches
michael kors purses
adidas yeezy
michael kors outlet clearance
kate spade handbags
fitflop shoes
nike roshe run mens
jordan 6s
michael kors outlet
cheap toms
ray ban sunglasses
fit flops
true religion outlet
coach factory outlet

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

It appears Aqib Talib pulled a Plaxico Burress.

When news first broke that the Denver Broncos cornerback Nike Air Max 90 had been shot, the details were awfully strange, as Talib told Dallas police, “Everything was a blur Nike Free Run and I was too intoxicated to nfl jerseys store remember what happened,” wholesale nfl jerseys the location of the shooting NFL Jerseys – either a nightclub or a neighborhood Nike Air Max 2015 Shoes park (or a grassy knoll, perhaps?) – was called into question, and a police Nike Roshe Run report claimed the bullet entered his right thigh and exited his right calf, cheap nfl jerseys which suggested it traveled straight down his leg.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home