Monday, December 11, 2006

Dinner Party Tips and Tricks

Purchase this adorable Tin Sign at VintageVending.com!

Saturday night I hosted my first, real dinner party. Since I was lucky enough to have the help of my mother, the consummate hostess (who disappeared 30 minutes before the guests arrived so I could take all the credit!), I thought I'd share a couple of tips with you.

1. Get Help from Someone Experienced
Mom was great at helping me figure out the timing of when to cook what and what dishes to use to serve everything, so I'd be relaxed when the guests arrived. She also got me out of bed by flicking water in my face, but that's another story. Get your most fabulous friend or relative to walk you through the basics your first time.

2. Use a Crock Pot
Gals, I thought Crock Pots were as old-fashioned as Pond's Cold Cream (sorry again, Mom!) but seriously, they're a lifesaver. Picture this - when I cook, I dirty every dish in the house. But when you prepare your dinner 4 hours before the guests arrive and allow it to simmer into delectable, meat-falling-off-the-bone goodness, you have plenty of time to clean up and give the impression that you're as neat as June Cleaver. I made a Moroccan Chicken recipe similar to this one. Check out more recipes at Crockpot.com.

3. Marathon Makeup
OK, face it - once the guests arrive, you're going to be busy serving drinks, facilitating conversations and checking on the meal. You will not have time for a makeup touch-up. So, I suggest the following:
Good luck with your own holiday entertaining & feel free to post any other tips in the comments.

4 Comments:

At 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great tips!! I have a houseful of people on Monday and lawd knows I will be sweating! SO marathon makeup is a MUST. I also always keep whatever lip color I am wearing, some MAC lipglass, blotting tissues, and little spritz of fragrance in the downstairs guest bathroom drawer. That way I look fresh and don't smell like food and liqour...LOL!

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Dinah said...

I have to say the best tip that I can give is to be prepared. I always have the table set, the drink station and the appetizers set out and the food in the oven keeping warm so I have time to greet everyone. Besides if you can have a friend or family member come over and help that is awesome.

That is a great tips makeup girl!

 
At 9:13 AM, Anonymous Obat Radang Usus said...

The article is very helpful, thanks for sharing information

Pengobatan Abses Payudara
Obat Susah Kencing
Cara Alami Mengobati Kencing Manis
Pengobatan Untuk Mengikis Batu Ginjal
Obat Oles Ruam Di Kulit

 
At 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

توقعات سهم الفخارية

شهد سهم الفخارية صعودًا حذرًا خلال جلسات التداول الأخيرة

 

Post a Comment

<< Home